That's right ...I said it. "Why is my BUT so big?" If you have a big BUT, you know exactly what I am talking about. Really, you do. Some BUT's are bigger than others but the end result is still just a big ol' BUT. Here is a list of at least 10 reasons I have a big But. There are about 1,000 more- just don't have time to list them all!
- Lord, I want to have no other Gods before me BUT it's just so hard when I am stressed out and food is right there and gives quick relief. ( Exodus 20:3)
- Lord, I want to declare your lovingkindness in the morning, and your faithfulness every night BUT you know I am not a morning person. I need and crave carbs, waffles, syrup, pancakes to get me moving in the morning. At night I am so tired, I just need food to calm me and comfort me. ( Psalm 92:1-2)
- Lord, I want to wait for you; be courageous and let my heart be strong. I want to wait for you BUT I need instant gratification. Sometimes you just don't give that. You make me wait too long. Food provides what I need when I need it. ( Psalm 27:14)
- Lord, you call me to "rejoice in hope, be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer." BUT I don't want to be. ( Romans 12:12)
- Lord, you tell me to "serve you with gladness" BUT what if I am not always glad? (Psalm 100:2)
- "Blessed are you who are hungry now, because you will be filled" BUT I don't feel blessed when I am hungry and I want to be filled with food and lots of it . (Luke 6:21)
- "For we walk by faith, not by sight" BUT man does that chocolate covered donut look grand! (2 Corinthians 5:7)
- ' All man's efforts are for his mouth, yet his appetite is never satisfied" BUT that says it all!
- Lord, I want to follow your ways BUT I refuse to listen to your words, I follow the stubbornness of my heart and go after other gods to serve and worship them. (Jeremiah 13)
- "The serpent deceived me and I ate"BUT I didn't know I was doing that bad.....(Genesis 3:13)
The top 10 ways to lose your big BUT.....stay tuned in ....don't get cracked up!