Monday, April 27, 2009

Why is my BUT so big??!!!!

That's right ...I said it.  "Why is my BUT so big?"  If you have a big BUT, you know exactly what I am talking about.  Really, you do.  Some BUT's are bigger than others but the end result is still just a big olBUT.  Here is a list of at least 10 reasons I have a big But.   There are about 1,000 more- just don't have time to list them all! 


  1. Lord, I want to have no other Gods before me BUT it's just so hard when I am stressed out and food is right there and gives quick relief.  ( Exodus 20:3)
  2. Lord, I want to declare your lovingkindness in the morning, and your faithfulness every night BUT you know I am not a morning person.  I need and crave carbs, waffles, syrup, pancakes to get me moving in the morning.  At night I am so tired, I just need food to calm me and comfort me.  ( Psalm 92:1-2)
  3. Lord, I want to wait for you; be courageous and let my heart be strong.  I want to wait for you BUT I need instant gratification.  Sometimes you just don't give that.  You make me wait too  long.  Food provides what I need when I need it.  ( Psalm 27:14)
  4. Lord, you call me to "rejoice in hope, be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer." BUT I don't want to be.  ( Romans 12:12)
  5. Lord, you tell me to "serve you with gladness" BUT what if I am not always glad?  (Psalm 100:2)
  6. "Blessed are you who are hungry now, because you will be filled" BUT I don't feel blessed when I am hungry and I want to be filled with food and lots of it .  (Luke 6:21)
  7. "For we walk by faith, not by sight" BUT man does that chocolate covered donut look grand!  (2 Corinthians 5:7)
  8. ' All man's efforts are for his mouth, yet his appetite is never satisfied" BUT that says it all!
  9. Lord, I want to follow your ways BUT I refuse to listen to your words, I follow the stubbornness of my heart and go after other gods to serve and worship them.  (Jeremiah 13)
  10. "The serpent deceived me and I ate"BUT I didn't know I was doing that bad.....(Genesis 3:13)
Next blog topic:
The top 10 ways to lose your big BUT.....stay tuned in ....don't get cracked up!

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing Karen! looking for the next post because i need help with my BUT

    ReplyDelete